The Fall/Winter 2019 issue of The Bulletin will arrive in mailboxes in mid-November. Look for yours!
ABOUT THE COVER
While Goshen College安徽福彩快3走势图’s official beginnings in August 1894 as the Elkhart Institute were 12 miles away from the current campus, the move to Goshen in 1903 saw new buildings that still stand and are central to the campus (front cover, 1915), even as much has changed. The college has transformed and been transformed by the community it has called 安徽福彩快3走势图 for 125 years, while remaining Elkhart County’s only private, residential college. The back cover shows the opposite perspective from that same time: from a rooftop (probably of the Administration Building) looking past the Aurora Gate, up 8th Street and towards the City of Goshen. That gate symbolizes the welcome the college has extended and the ways it has sent many off for service in the community and the world. So join us in celebrating this anniversary — our “quasquicentennial” (a fun mouthful!) — throughout this year! Read more at /125.
FROM THE PRESIDENT
- 2019 Alumni Awards: Read the stories of the five alumni honored this year for their lives and commitments to the college’s core values: Minh (Nguyen) Kauffman ’74, Carolyn (Yoder) Sauder ’55, Rob Vander Giessen-Reitsma ’05, Garrett Cannizzo ’12 and Kari Heusinkveld ’12.
- Quasquicentennial Touchstones: (includes video from the presentation about this during 安徽福彩快3走势图coming Weekend) Historians Susan Fisher Miller ’79 and Joe Springer ’80 share “touchstones” from the college’s 125-year history — events and themes that represent specific moments in time and larger symbols of institutional identity.
- A Land Acknowledgement: Luke Gascho, retired executive director of Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center, shares more of the history of the land on which Goshen College安徽福彩快3走势图 sits.
- Goshen College安徽福彩快3走势图 Quasquicentrivia: Have fun celebrating our 125th anniversary with this trivia, created by Joe Springer ’80.
» See the answers
- A Beautiful Bequest: Learn how Arlin and Naomi Hunsberger’s ’55 large and unique Haitian art collection found a new 安徽福彩快3走势图 in a renovated Union Building this year.